Monday 28 June 2010

"But I don't know what to paint"

Well we had a lovely walk twice around the meadows last night and Peps had a good swim. It seems every time I take her there she does something new. Last night she jumped in the water from the bank for the first time, normally she finds a shallow place to walk into the water.


Here is a picture of Niamh and her friend throwing sticks into the river for Pepper to retrieve.

N stayed up until nearly midnight last night reading "Folk of the Faraway Tree" and "A.N.T.I.D.O.T.E", she did manage to have a sleep-in until 9.45am but is still tired after probably 2 weeks of these 3 hour reading sessions every night. Unfortunately her tiredness started to show this morning when we went out into the garden to paint. What followed can only be described as 10 minutes of high-pitch screaming only pausing to shout "I don't know what to paint". Oh dear it clearly was the end of the world for Niamh at that moment. I did what I do best at these times and left the garden very quickly (it didn't seem as loud in the kitchen). When I went back to the garden N had painted a very sweet picture of a mermaid. Sometimes you just have to let her shout it out. Its true to say she puts 100% into her emotions be they happy, sad or angry!. N is off to play at a friends tomorrow during the day and I am very much looking forward to a few hours of "Sarah" time (Peps will be at the vets) I hardly ever get that, and guess what I won't be doing any housework! My house will have to stay messy for a few days longer. Just where does all that dust come from anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment