Tuesday 25 January 2011

Decoration Station

Sunday afternoon we had a meeting in a local church hall about the Steiner 'Free School' some other Home Ed mums are trying to set up. There were quite a few local 'Anti's' there who really don't want the school to be set up at all, they were quite agressive and rude. I left the meeting feeling totally anxious inside. When I got home I found the house empty as Hubby and N were already walking the dogs for me and they had washed my car. Lovely, that cheered me up!
Hubby has the decorating bug at the moment and high plans for decorating 4 areas of the house (on a shoestring). Anything to make it look a bit tidier. For example; we have lived here nearly 4 years, when we moved in the towel rail in the bathroom was broken - it's still there - broken. When you think about it that's quite embarrassing we have never bothered to sort it out.
The carpets at the moment are really bad even by my standards, you see we bought a new vacuum cleaner about 2 months ago and whilst emptying it I managed to throw away the inner filter so it was unusable (why do I keep doing these things) mind you for 2 weeks I didn't know what was wrong with it. Hubby had to tell me there was a large part missing! I think the part has finally arrived this morning although I haven't opened the parcel yet.
We decided to tackle the overflowing bookshelf in N's room by putting a spare shelf we had in the garage up in her room. "That's going to be shelf only for Jacqueline Wilson books" she said.
As it was a Monday N was looking after 2 more of my friends guinea pigs, boys this time. You can see her photos at www.fizzy-sherbert.blogspot.com
N has had a relaxing morning so far, when I came back from walking the dogs at 9.00am she was reading the new JW book we picked up from the library yesterday, then she wandered down stairs practiced her piano playing and then back upstairs for the next instalment of JW!

No comments:

Post a Comment