Wednesday 9 February 2011

and the decorating continues......

The bathroom is coming along very well at the moment, but it always costs more than you expect doesn't it? I mean how do shops justify £30 for a decent toilet roll holder or toothbrush holder, I mean its only Focus after all. Still it should be good once it is finished!

The garden is up next, hubby has already started cutting down some of the chicken wire from the enclosure whilst waiting for some of the paint to dry in the house! I can't wait to have the space in my garden back. I bought some seed packs from the 99p shop ready for planting (lets hope they work!!) no seriously they should do I've seen the exact same packs in Focus for £2.99. N has received her seed potatoes in the post again from the Potato Council for the Potatoes for Schools competition.

I have taken down the rainforest wall in the dining / homeschool room ready for that to be decorated. N and I are in charge of decorating that room, mainly because its full of our stuff and its going to be a nightmare to do!

Here is a photo of the shelves we have just taken out of the bathroom (it really shows how shabby that room was!), anyway N and I have just painted one coat each of white acrylic on the shelves. One more coat tomorrow and we should be able to deco-patch it.
I have no idea where it is going to go once it is finished but I couldn't bear to throw it away! Pictures to follow of the finished unit. The other fixtures were taken down to the charity shop. I came back with a black wire mug tree that I am going to use for my bracelets!

No comments:

Post a Comment