Tuesday 15 February 2011

The way Saturday started it could only get better

I had a brainwave to take N and her friend to the cinema on Saturday to watch the £1 kids club movie Alpha & Omega. We got to the cinema and it was totally sold out :( At which point N just snapped into the form the old N that I haven't seen for a long time and hoped that she had grown out of. She was shouting at the top of her voice in the cinema, out of the cinema, through Marks & Spencers.....EVERYONE was looking at me thinking what a useless mum I must be not being able to control my daughter. I picked up milk and cheese in M&S and by the time I had got to the till N had calmed down and was begging my forgiveness. To the customers of M&S the damage had already been done! We went home and the girls watched a DVD here and played and jumped on the trampoline and all was well again! In the afternoon I was streetwalking the two dogs and someone stopped me to say how well behaved they are! Great. I don't care if no one ever says it to me again, once was enough for me :)

Sunday we drove down to the Forest of Dean. I gave Ralph some herbal Travel-eze anti sickness tablets I had found in a farm shop. I had been really pleased when I found them as the vets had told me there wasn't anything they could do. What can I say; I cannot recommend Travel-eze. they did not ease anything and Ralph was still sick 3 times on the way down. It doesn't seem to dampen his energy or excitement though. The squeaky toys that my mum buys for the dogs drive him crazy. (and us as they make loads of noise).

Monday was Valentines day and N made a card for me and Hubby. The only card of the day - as we had already agreed we needed to save money where possible. We took the dogs around the meadow all together in the afternoon. Hubby enjoyed seeing both dogs chase around together and both go for a swim. I had bought a lantern from the 99p shop for Hubby and N and they lit it down the park and set if off in the evening....

Today N and I went to London to see the Titanic Exhibition at the O2 Bubble. Hubby spent the day with the dogs. The exhibition was fantastic I am so glad that I decided to take N. She was amazed at some of the artefacts that remained intact from the wreckage. I am normally too tight to pay for audio commentary but decided to do it today and I am glad I did, they had chidrens ones which make it easier for the kids to understand. (and adults!!!) All in all I think we both had a good taste of what the ship was like before the disaster, what kind of people wanted to go on it, what it was like when the ship was sinking and how they recovered items from the wreckage - definitly worth the entry fee.
 by the way this model is not to accurate scale!
The missing crew member!

Afterwards N had a go at being a sky newsreader, reading from an auto-cue in another display at the O2 but I am blogging that tomorrow! I want to curl up with a cuppa and watch Biggest Loser (sky + from last night). did I mention I've lost 3 stone! Why not I've told everyone else, I should have asked N to announce it on sky news!

No comments:

Post a Comment