Wednesday 29 June 2011

Excited about the next project..........

Following on from our Georgian workshop we attended recently, our next project is the Georgian Era. Before starting a project, I try to do a bit of preparation, ordering books from the library, searching the internet for resources and getting support from local home educators via the email group, who have given me some good suggestions.

The more I look into the period, the more excited I am getting about the project. I forsee this one taking us up until Christmas!!!

I think we will look at........
The Kings
The Clothes
The Food
Art
The Houses
Window Tax
Boston Tea Party
Efficient Farming
American Independence
Highwaymen
Pirates
Nelson
Napolean
Industrial Revolution
Literature

There really is so much to look into. It seems like it was such a great time and not covered in primary schools. A great excuse to watch Pride & Prejudice (the Colin Firth version of course) with N, visit Bath, the Geoffrye Museum and Kew Gardens and then anything else that inspires us on the way.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great!
    We've lost our way a bit in our HE at the moment. In a flurry of (probably misplaced) enthusiasm I've downloaded loads of lapbooks from the currclick website. AND gone and bought more folders.

    The kids look scared!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, the lapbooks sound cool. I think we have only managed to make two in our three years, but I am always amazed at the imaginative ways people make those little books. Cue lots of cut up paper on the floor and pritt sticky fingers. I can't wait to see the photos on your blog. x

    ReplyDelete