Thursday 9 June 2011

Philosophy at Cogges

Today was the second session of our family philosophy and outdoor learning course at Cogges. We arrived first so took advantage of the time to wander around. I couldn't resist taking this photo.... best to snap the blue sky while its there!!!!!

 N and I were split into different sessions today. I went off to philosophy while N added more clay to the ovens and drew designs for them. In the afternoon N took part in the philosophy session while I watched the younger children learn how to make string from nettles, (definitely something I would like to have a try with in the garden!) and start to construct a shelter over one of the clay ovens.
Here are the fruits of our philosophy session;
After dinner we watched a segment on BBC Oxford News online about home education being on the rise and N felt inspired to tackle two pages of English!!

No comments:

Post a Comment