Monday 13 September 2010

hey there's a caterpillar and still feeling crafty

N was thrilled to find a caterpillar in our garden yesterday afternoon, after a few seconds on www.uksafari.com we quickly identified it as a grey dagger moth caterpillar. We gathered some leaves together from the list of 'preferred food' on the website and put him inside the butterfly house we usually use to hatch the painted lady butterflies. Slinky - as N had named him, didn't seem too thrilled about everything, so we decided that if he hadn't eaten any of the leaves by morning we would set him free. Unfortunately he hadn't had a munch so we let him go, much to N's disappointment, I'm not sure what she wanted most - to hatch the moth or for him to die so she had another specimen for her dead insect collection!!


After completing a couple more pages of our Turkey project, we felt a bit crafty. Here are the results.....




and here.....

I decided to tidy out the larder cupboard, especially the baking shelf, its always in a pickle, if you take something out, three things fall on the floor! I found some out of date gluten free mix, so I decided to cook a kind of scone concoction whilst N was decorating her biscuits. I was very pleased with my cupboard tidying and couldn't wait to show hubby when he came home from Bristol. (tidying always impresses him, and since i don't do it very often I have to make the most of it!) (including jumping up and down clapping my hands - "look look")
N shared out her biscuits amongst the neighbours, then we watched last weeks episode of 'my family's crazy gap year', I had really enjoyed it and I knew N would too. Can't wait to watch tonight's episode with her later on this week. It makes me want to take a crazy gap year, but not N, perhaps the rest of the series will convince her, (I think it was the leaches that put her off - oh and killing and gutting the sheep).


No comments:

Post a Comment