Friday 17 September 2010

Inspired by Grand Designs and my old GCSE art!

Hubby and I watched the new episode of Grand Designs the other night. Whenever we watch that program it always inspires us to have a better house - we can't so we will just try and tidy ours up a bit.
The next day Hubby could be found glossing the dining room door! Here he is clearing out the bottom shelf of the larder cupboard (I can never really complete a job on my own and always leave a little bit for him, he's better at it than me!!)
Then we cleared all the stuff that gets thrown up high on top of the wall units, due to the fact that our kitchen is so small there is nowhere else to put it. It is illegal to have anymore than 3 people in our kitchen due to overcrowding. Most people's bathrooms are bigger than our kitchen. Anyway where was I?? Oh yes tidying. After that we moved onto the cupboard underneath the sink. Now our kitchen is looking acceptable.!!
Yesterday evening after tea I showed N my artwork from my GCSE, Hubby had got it down from the loft so that we could use the folder as N's first one is totally full. A lot of my artwork was abstract, and N seemed to really like it.
Today she made this collage.
Then she painted this abstract picture of a CHICKHOROG - a combination of a chicken, horse and dog.

She started writing a story on the computer called The Secret Shell. Her stories at the moment generally include lots of pets!

I think we have managed to reserve a space on a Small Animal Care Course, running through November and December, so that should be really good for N. Just the type of thing she would like to try!

This evening after walking Pepper we attempted to pack some of N's things for Turkey. Its really sinking in for her now that we are off on holiday and she is getting very excited.




No comments:

Post a Comment