Friday 15 July 2011

Financial Challenge

Anyone home educating knows it is not easy financially, and there comes a time when you have to zip up your purse and say NO MORE!

Therefore I have set myself a challenge that unless I am paying for food or diesel I am not spending any money for 10 days. Can I do it?  Even I seriously doubt it but I have set myself a challenge and must stick to it. No more walking past charity shops and seeing something that would be great for an art project or a book that we need.

Everything we do for the next 10 days must be totally FREE or using up all the stuff we have bought previously. Which is a lot - Home edders can't walk past a bargain that someone else is casting off. I must be banned from car boot sales! The phrase 'I think we can use that for something - lets buy it' must not pass my lips, even if it is only 50p.

I am hoping for success - and if so why can't I do that for 10 days every month? (well lets just see how we go shall we.....)

Watch out for further posts to see how we progress.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great idea to save some money!Im not sure i could do it though...there is always something around here...worth thinking about theough...hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! There's a book published by a guy who did this for a year (!)

    Even though we buy mostly secondhand, I'm a compulsive purchaser and when we were travelling round the more remote areas of Scotland last year I had total shop-withdrawal symptoms!

    Keep us posted how it goes.

    ReplyDelete