Saturday 20 November 2010

We've been feeling a bit poorly

We didn't make it to the animal care course on Wednesday and N's screams could be heard all the way to Reading (an hour away by car!!) she desperately wanted to go but just wasn't well enough. So she did some painting instead....



Friday was the day of the long awaited Farewell Dinner for the Australian Cricket Tour, yep Hubby is off to the other side of the world in 2 weeks time. We thought we had better dress up for the occasion...



Anyway much red wine was drank by me in particular. It was all very impressive having David Barby off the telly to auction off the donated lots and at the time bidding whilst drunk seemed the thing to do. I maintain that even sober I still would have been after the house of commons tour and lunch ,but that went for £200 :( . I also thought the cookery demo for 4 people seemed good, so I was quite happy to bid for that, and was very pleased (even did my happy clapping) when I won it. A little while later there were 2 Wedgwood bowls up for grabs, our table was at the back and I didn't have my glasses on so, I shouted 'STOP! I want to look at them close up I don't have my glasses on', which clearly to David Barby means I really want those I'll buy them and they were mine apparently!! Never mind every time I look at those bowls I will smile to myself how I had never really bid for them but had to pay for them and take them home anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment