Tuesday 29 March 2011

N has been making more decorations for her room

We made our hospital visit this morning (the early shift) and on the way home N said she would like to make some more decorations for her room. I mentioned some wire hearts that I had seen on www.themagiconions.blogspot.com (which by the way has some lovely ideas for homemade crafts). N said she would like to make some stars, so with the help of a star shaped cookie cutter this is what she made......

 Well four of them actually. Out came the bead box again and she threaded some beads onto the yarn we were going to use to hang the stars on her ceiling.
 This is how they look along with her dreamcatcher.....
 Next she wanted to make some bunting, we have loads of patchwork squares that I bought ages ago, she went off to choose some. "Mum I've got 34 of my favourites"........
 She used copydex glue to attach them diagonally over some jute twine....
the finished result has not been captured on film yet but Hubby has just hung them from the ceiling in N's room and they look fab. (I'm a little jealous, I want bunting in my room!!) I can almost feel Hubby's eyes rolling when he catches up on the blog!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. You guys are so creative.The stars look brilliant with the the dream catcher.Why not put some bunting up in your room too...its spring there right?Well just tell him your bringing some spring cheer inside:) We have prayer flags in the lounge and stuff but I think my hubby gave up ages ago:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha thanks Jessica, not sure we can take the credit for being creative, lots of things / people / other blogs give us inspiration and we take it from there. I don't think hubby will be surprised if bunting turns up in the bedroom, he is very patient with me! I don't think it would be his personal choice to have bright pink, purple, green, yellow and red walls in the rooms downstairs.....but he's got it!!

    ReplyDelete