Thursday 22 July 2010

I finshed another book and N's off to a party

I finished 'The Help' today, it is such a good book, it just hurts to read it. I was wiping my eyes with a tissue and N asked me;
"Whats wrong Mummy"
"Ummm I'm just wiping away a tear" (shes used to that I cry at everything!)
"Why, is it The Help?"
"Yes"
N asked me what the book was about and I explained the plot and that it was set in the 1960's around the time Daddy was born.
N was genuinely shocked that people were being treated in this way in such recent times; and I think that is what hurts the most about this story. It is fiction but based on things that were really happening in Mississippi. I explained to N that there were probably still people being treated this way in other countries around the world at this moment.

We cheered ourselves up by getting ready for N's friend's 10th birthday party. I dropped N off and picked her up later on. N said that it was the best party she has ever been to! What a shame then that what followed was about an hour of crying and shouting that her bedroom isn't big enough and it is not fair!! mmmm I think I've heard that one before. (basically every time she goes to someones house and admires their big bedroom!) My answer is always - be grateful for what you have, if you always want more you will never be happy. My friend had mentioned that they had all eaten too much chocolate! N was obviously coming down from the sugar rush. Lets hope tomorrow will be more successful. We have the Streetdance show to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment