Monday 12 July 2010

Weekend

The birthday party on Saturday afternoon was excellent, lots of fun was had by all. The sunshine was great - I struggled my way through the face painting (i didn't do too badly, I mean you could tell who was a pirate and who was a butterfly!!) and N painted tattoos on peoples arms.

N won the musical statues contest and was very happy with herself, after all of the children had gone home apart from close family and us, a huge water fight descended. I brought N home in my friends top - makeshift dress- we were all very satisfied, even Peps as she had spent 6 hours with my friends dog Mila.

Within minutes of being through the door, New Moon was back in my hands again while I cooked some sausages (gluten free and normal) for supper. The book was only put down for Big Brother, and partially for MisFits, although I had to hide behind it at some parts as it was a bit gory - but very funny.

Hubby had come home distraught at losing at cricket, he did cheer up at the arrival of two new pairs of sunglasses. These are his 7th and 8th pairs of sunglasses this year as he keeps breaking them, if he can't manage to break his own glasses he will sit on someone elses.

Sunday morning Hubby was picked up at 7.30am for an Oxfordshire game and N and I stayed in bed until after 8.00 of course. We took Peps to the park and then went to the car boot sale, which was disappointing as there was hardly anyone there. We came home, New Moon was straight back in my hands of course and N wrote in her new note book she had bought. She played on the computer, we played hairdressers, we had a water fight, we read about 4 chapters of Jane Blonde together in the conservatory and we played a made up game using some parts from an old board game and N's dog top trumps. I plaited N's hair after she was out of the bath, so it should be curly.

Hubby came home from cricket with sunglasses still intact - result.

N went up to bed to finish her Jane Blonde book and I sat downstairs finishing New Moon. (okay it only took 3 days to read).

No comments:

Post a Comment